On behalf of one of our sponsors, Stratoflight:
You want to launch your own HAB mission and want to know your altitude and flight path without any own programming? Our STRATOmini records GPS coordinates and internal temperature, stored every two seconds on a microSD card and is extremely lightweight with its 13g (0.4oz). The design in the size of a matchbox makes the datalogger easy to attach inside your capsule.
You want to play it safe and definitely find out your flight route and the maximum altitude reached after your mission? Stratoflight is an official sponsor of the GSBC and supports all participants with a 10% discount on the STRATOmini.
All data can be easily evaluated on the computer after the succesful flight. You can analyze the wirtten .csv file with our online tool, it generates graphs of the flight path with just a few clicks and a summary lets you know about the extreme values like max. altitude, min. and max. temperature inside your probe.
Use the GPS data recordings to display your flight route as a 3D curve in Google Earth or as an animated 3D flight in Doarama:
You are interested? Try it on your own! Here you find a sample log-file from our STRATOmini:
Summary of features:
* Records GPS coordinates
* Tracks maximum altitude
* Rate of ascend and rate of descend
* Speed over ground
* Unlocked GPS module: Records data up to an altitude of 50,000m (51mi). Most GPS modules are limited from a height of about 18,000m (11.2mi)!
* Easy readout of the data from the microSD card
* Easy to use, no programming knowledge required
* Online tools to create: Graphs, 3D-Google-Earth flight track, 3D flight track in Doarama
* Power supply: 9V Battery for Datalogger
You want measure more datas reliable? Check out the STRATO3: it measure next to GPS data internal and external temperatues, humidity, air pressure and can be easily evaluated: